Jesse was a dedicated church member, parole officer for the county, a friend to everyone he knew, and most of all a Godly man. He absolutely loved fishing and hunting—every spare moment he had, he was doing just that! Jesse had many health issues and, while hunting one day, he left to be with the Lord. What a gift to be doing one of his favorite things and then sharing that adventure directly with Jesus! Our annual fishing tournament was started in his name and all funds raised are used in the church for our senior adults.
Jay loved our little church family and we loved him back! He made our announcements each Sunday morning at the start of the worship service and was active in Sunday School. Using his great sense of humor, he would often provoke the adult Sunday School teacher to an even deeper "insight" into our weekly lessons or just simply give playful grief to the folks in the room. Jay sang in the choir and was a member of the quartet group he started here known as the FROGS ("Four Really Old Guys" or "Fully Rely on God") that continues in his honor as J's Jumpers (the "J" is for Jesus). He was faithful in service and enjoyed the annual fishing tournament—bringing family and neighbors together for some discipleship and fellowship. Jay left us to be with the Lord in 2015 and he's no doubt still joking, singing and "fishing for men"!
- Launch your boat from Williams Landing.
- By 7:00am, gather at Marengo pier for prayer and shotgun start. GO FISHING!!
- Participation fee: $25 per person ($15 for youth 12 years and younger)
- Note that their is no requirement for a state fishing license on this day
- Weigh-In at 12:00pm at Marengo
- Picnic at 1:00pm at Marengo
- We will have lawn games and a bounce house, so you can come out and enjoy the fun awaiting the return of the fishermen as well as help celebrate their success
- Bring a covered dish, a lawn chair and swimming vests for the children